Monday, June 28, 2010

Notions purchased

We trekked down to Vogue Fabrics in Evanston on Friday to buy the boning that I still needed for the bodice.

It turns out (and maybe if I had actually read more corsetry books and websites, I would have known this) that boning is available pre-cut and capped in a limited range of sizes.  So a couple of pieces that I bought will have to be cut and capped to suitable sizes to bone the bodice the way I planned.  Another learning experience....

$15.61 including tax and I think I'm good to go.  I'll be working on the infamous bodice this week:  making the channels, sliding in the boning and then doing a couple of "rough" fittings to get it just right before I use these base pieces as the pattern to cut the additional layers I'll need.

Wish me luck!

No comments: