Saturday, February 20, 2010

PSATs and snow....

I can't believe it slipped my mind that my 12-year-old had the Pre-SAT at 8:00 am this morning!  Maybe I was just in denial that my baby girl is growing up (although, that's more apparent every day.)

The alarm went off at 6:30am -- a sin on Saturday mornings as far as I'm concerned -- and I rolled out of bed, hair messy, threw on jeans and glasses, brushed teeth, grabbed a Diet Coke..... and we were out the door.  The drive wasn't long, only 20 minutes, but I guess this morning Nature saw fit to slow down my commute with....snow!  Don't get me wrong, snow is lovely, but people forget how to drive in it.  Too fast, too slow, not paying attention, or they think that front wheel drive means that they can make it through the slippery slush without spinning out.  Ah well, morons notwithstanding, we made it to the testing center without tragedy :)

My little girl spent 4 hours in a little room taking tests which probably won't mean much in a few years when she takes the SAT for college.  But it was a great learning experience for her and I'm so proud of her for stepping up and taking the test.

I'm getting choked up even now...

No comments: